Laakirchen Paper - Soundproofing Wall
For over 150 years, Laakirchen Paper Mill has been a leading European producer of high-quality publication and packaging paper. However, excessive noise at the truck loading ramp was causing disruption to the neighbouring community. This project aimed to reduce noise levels and improve the quality of life for residents.
Learn how we achieved a significant reduction in noise at the loading ramp.
Scope of Work
- Cladding one of the hall walls with 10 cm thick PZP panels for noise reduction
- Powder-coating the panels to match the existing production hall wall
- Addressing special challenges, such as accommodating smaller outlets and roof slopes during assembly
The noise generated at the truck loading ramp, with its sound reflected by the production hall's adjoining walls, posed a significant issue for neighbouring residents. The challenge was to reduce noise levels while ensuring a visually harmonious solution.
Our approach involved:
- Cladding one hall wall with 10 cm thick PZP panels known for their A2 burning behaviour and suitability for outdoor installation
- Powder-coating the panels to seamlessly blend with the existing production hall wall
- Making on-site cuts to accommodate smaller outlets and roof slopes, ensuring a tailored solution for Laakirchen Paper
The high sound absorption capability of the PZP panels significantly reduced sound reflection, resulting in a substantial noise level reduction at the truck loading ramp. This reduced sound pressure reaching the nearby residents, enhancing their quality of life. Future cladding of the roof and the second side wall promises further noise reduction.
This project highlights the effectiveness of addressing noise challenges through tailored solutions. By combining soundproofing materials and expertise, we improved the sound environment and the well-being of the community.